This month we will be meeting at Turkey Knob Growers (17581 Mechanicsville Rd, Timberville, VA)
Located in the heart of the lush Shenandoah Valley, Turkey Knob Growers prides itself on growing and packing high quality, delicious apples. The Valley’s fertile soil and excellent mineral balance produce fruit rich in flavor. Turkey Knob apples are available for purchase through their online store and farm stands. They also grow peaches, nectarines and cherries for sale in the late spring and summer at farm stands, local farmers’ markets and local retailers. Turkey Knob also sells its apples throughout the United States and internationally through wholesalers, distributors and retail chains.
Lunch will be provided by Turkey Knob Growers.
RSVP is required!!
The packing house will be in operation, so please keep the following in mind:
- Wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes.
- No jewelry, except a plain wedding band. Too many moving machines!
- Everyone is required to wear a provided a high visibility vest to wear during the tour.
- It is noisy in the packinghouse. We will do our best to speak very loudly to explain things during the tour and will be happy to answer questions once we are back in the conference room.
- Parking is in front of the office, or across the street, if the parking lot is full.