General Job Description
The Personal Lines Account Representative is an energetic professional interested in helping our business grow through constructive, empathetic conversations and by providing remarkable customer service. This individual must be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, team environment and who exhibits exceptional interpersonal relationship skills. The successful Personal Lines Account Representative will communicate and coordinate with their colleagues in their specific division and in our overall organization to deliver optimal levels of care for our clients and to achieve divisional and organizational objectives. With this backdrop in mind, the Personal Lines Account Representative communicates directly with clients, prospects, partners and vendors through a variety of channels in order to educate, problem solve, process, identify solutions and create calm depending upon situational demands. As a representative of the organization, the Personal Lines Account Representative aligns personally with the organization’s values as reflected in the LD&B BLUEprint and models these values on a daily basis.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand the nature of the personal lines insurance marketplace to meet the needs of clients.
- Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional demeanor toward clients, colleagues and vendors at all times.
- Demonstrate communication and customer relationship skills and understand how to utilize the division’s products and services to meet clients’ needs.
- Manage a standard-sized or moderately complex group of clients and cooperate with colleagues to serve all clients within the division.
- Provide prompt, accurate, courteous and customer-focused service to clients. Service includes responding to questions, resolving complaints, processing requests, providing information, researching problems and developing solutions.
- Provide feedback to the Division manager concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of the customer service process and collaborate with others in the division to develop, implement and meet division goals.
- Maintain accurate, complete and timely records of all activity in the appropriate agency and partner data management systems.
- Maintain a strong work ethic with a total commitment to success and consistently demonstrate our BLUEprint values every day.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior customer service experience required.
- Current appropriate licenses, certifications or credentials necessary and applicable to the division, including maintenance of same, or the ability to obtain these licenses, certifications or credentials.
- Must be a self-starter and capable of completing tasks with little or no supervision.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to understand and adhere to all requirements related to information security, privacy and confidentiality at all times.