Bluestone Vineyard is seeking a self-motivated individual to join our team as a distribution sales professional for the Central Virginia area including from Charlottesville down the I64 to Richmond and the surrounding area. In this position, this individual has the opportunity to develop a sales territory by maintaining relationships with current clients and bringing in new ones to drive business. Clients include restaurants, wine shops, grocery stores, markets, etc. They are an ambassador for our company and become the trusted face to our customers. The successful candidate should have solid interpersonal skills to provide service and support to customers as needed, be self-motivated, have an appreciation for wine, and a clean driving record. This full-time position offers a flexible work schedule, a company car, 3 weeks total paid time off/year as well as holiday pay, and medical insurance.
- Visit established accounts on a regular basis to communicate with clients about their wine stock, obtain orders, and take samples of new wines.
- Research and develop new accounts in sales territory.
- Create invoices and deliver wine orders to make sure all orders are paid in a timely manner by customers.
- Maintain clean and updated records for all clients and potential clients.
- Scheduling and working events with clients such as wine tastings or wine dinners.
- Achieving monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales goals by growing the existing sales territory.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Able to work 40-hours per week, occasionally working evenings and weekends for events.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but equivalent work experience acceptable.
- Solid communications skills and a friendly, outgoing personality.
- An appreciation for Virginia wine.
- An ability to work independently and as a team.
- Ability to lift and carry 40lb cases of wine.