The Boys & Girls Club is seeking a self-motivated, action-oriented individual to provide the revenue needed to serve our area’s youth, their families, and ultimately our community.
The Director of Development is a key component in the success of the Boys & Girls Club. The Director supports the mission of the Boys & Girls Club to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens. This is a hands-on position for an energetic, creative individual interested in directly and positively impacting the community’s youth. S/he works with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to implement and execute fund raising strategies, raising needed annual revenue and monitoring progress against goals.
• Maintain and increase the donor database to promote cultivation and solicitation of gifts.
• Create and send all appeal letters, thank you letters, and agency information correspondence to investors and supporters.
• Lead, create and/or assist with all fundraising events to garner awareness and increase support.
• Work with board and other volunteers to raise resources and awareness for BGCHR.
• Develop productive and strategic partnerships with corporations, businesses, and individuals in the Club’s service area.
• Assist in the development of the Club’s annual budget as it relates to resource development.
• Active leadership in the creation of a resource development plan with the Executive Director and the Resource Development Committee of the Board of Directors to meet budgeted annual giving targets.
• Implement and execute the resource development plan in partnership with the Executive Director and the Resource Development Committee of the Board of Directors. Review and update the plan quarterly and annually.
• Identify and cultivate major individual donors and direct their solicitations.
• Develop and implement marketing plan to support fund raising objectives.
• Plan solicitation strategies with the Executive Director to meet budgeted annual giving targets.
• Write grant proposals and monitor processes and outcomes with Club Unit Directors.
• Assist with board meeting preparations and with board committees.
• Provide a leading role in the Resource Development Committee and Marketing Committee.
Internal: Maintain contact with the Executive Director, other staff, and the Board of Directors as required
External: Maintain contact with potential and current investors/donors, corporate and businesses partners, public relations and marketing professionals, and other community groups
Requirements & General Information
Hours: Full time position, Monday – Friday, primarily office hours; some evenings and weekends are required
Education: Four-Year Bachelor’s Degree, and minimum seven-year’s experience in direct fund raising
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Paid time off. Retirement and health benefits offered
Travel: Some travel required
Key Skills and Knowledge Required
• Excellent communication skills: both verbal and written to build long term relationships with donors and volunteers and persuasively explain our cause
• People management abilities: adept at managing others, whether they are part of your team, in the wider organization, or community partners and volunteers
• IT skills: direct and strong experience using and managing databases, mail merge, spreadsheets, presentation and other Microsoft and/or Google software.
• Strong Research skills: to research funders and devise strategies and to take advantage of donation opportunities
• Strong budget management and organizational skills: to support the fundraising financial targets and timelines
• Fundraising knowledge and proven record of successes
• Direct knowledge and experience using Constant Contact, Facebook, Instagram and other social media marketing applications
• Events management experience
• Public relations and marketing experience
• Some direct grant writing experience