Join a highly collaborative and talented team at one of the most respected charities in the area. The Blue Ridge Area Food Bank is seeking full-time Warehouse Assistants for their Verona, VA warehouse. Duties involve activities associated with the receiving, storage and distribution of food products including packing orders, unloading deliveries, re-packing food products, operating warehouse equipment and general maintenance and clean-up.
- Must have at least six months experience operating motorized equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks and stand-up rider
- Requires the ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally,
- Serves as back-up driver for non-CDL vehicles.
- Works cooperatively with volunteers and staff, works with detail in an accurate manner and ability to work independently.
- Individual must have basic computer skills and the ability to learn new data applications.
- Successful applicant must have a valid VA driver’s license with a good driving record.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits: health, dental, vision, 401K retirement and immediate accrual of Paid Time Off (PTO).
To be considered for this role, please submit a resume, or BRAFB application, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to BRAFB, Human Resources, P.O. Box 937, Verona, 24482. Download our employment application.
The Blue Ridge Area Food Bank is committed to equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, marital status, political affiliation, genetics or disability. We prohibit discrimination in all aspects of our policies, practices, operations and programs.