Join a highly-functioning, talented team and one of the most respected charities in the area. You can use your talents in outreach, program coordination and management, and volunteer engagement to make a difference in an organization that provides charitable food assistance to neighbors in need. The Program Coordinator for CSFP & MFP reports to the Manager of Agency Relations and Programs (MARP), and is responsible for the coordination of CSFP, a federally funded income-eligible senior nutrition program. The position is also responsible for collaborating with BRAFB staff on the planning, implementation, maintenance, and evaluation of MFP. This position will also provide future growth opportunities to lead program planning efforts intended to serve seniors in our service area.
The PC works collaboratively with BRAFB colleagues across the organization to meet mutual and related objectives. Goals are accomplished by collaborating with BRAFB staff to identify programmatic partners and facilitate program development and operations; managing client case load in accordance with CSFP regulations; working with BRAFB staff on menu development, ordering, inventory management, and reporting; remaining current in all training, procedures, outcomes, and best practice of managing the CSFP requirements; collaborating with regional PSC’s to plan & implement new MFP programs; maintaining administrative oversight of MFP programs; maintaining relationship with volunteer site coordinators to ensure compliance with MFP operating procedures; providing annual training and listening sessions with site coordinators; planning and conducting annual program evaluations for MFP.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences/services, public health, or related field or equivalent amount of training and experience;
- Strong active listening skills, and ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Adept at developing rapport with partners, volunteers and stakeholders and to network with diverse community members;
- Ability to transfer best practices knowledge into programmatic processes and policies and to make program improvements;
- Ability to work effectively with customers and colleagues in a professional and confidential manner, as well as work both independently and as part of a team;
- Outstanding computer software skills, including Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint, inventory management systems, and cloud-based technology platforms, among others.
This is a full-time position with flexibility to work in the Charlottesville or Verona location of the BRAFB. Duties may occasionally require work evenings and weekends. Frequent driving and travel are required to visit program sites and oversee Mobile Food Pantry distributions. Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
To be considered for this role, please submit a cover letter and resume, or BRAFB application, to email@example.com, or by mail to BRAFB, Human Resources Office, P.O. Box 937, Verona, 24482. The position will be open until filled. Applications received by June 14, 2019 will be considered as part of the initial review process. Download our employment application