Come join a highly collaborative and talented operations team at one of the most respected charities in the area.
The Blue Ridge Area Food Bank is currently seeking a full-time Logistics Coordinator for their Verona, VA warehouse.
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for providing overall clerical, logistical, and warehouse and operational support to the Operations Department of the Food Bank. Duties involve invoicing, processing orders and transfers, reviewing all inbound/outbound receipts, overseeing and scheduling all activities involving the safe transportation of food products in a cost effective and timely manner, and completes transactions and maintains related paperwork and files for compliance with all policies and procedures of the Food Bank, Feeding America, USDA, OSHA and other regulatory agencies.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent;
- Minimum two years’ experience in logistics or transportation, specifically dispatching of CDL drivers, scheduling of all inbound an outbound deliveries, and strong familiarity of DOT, FMCS, and OSHA regulations;
- Associate’s degree in logistics, inventory systems, supply chain management, or related field highly preferred;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn new computer applications and operating systems. Familiarity with Navision a highly preferred;
- Good interpersonal and oral communication skills, basic math and computer skills;
- Ability to work with detailed information in an accurate manner;
- Ability to work independently, analyze and resolve issues and problems;
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work cooperatively with a variety of individuals, including volunteers and staff, in a professional manner;
- Ability to keep detailed and organized records;
- Ability to operate hand jack and electric pallet jack.
To be considered, send a resume or completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank, P.O. Box 937, Verona, VA 24482. Applications can be obtained at www.brafb.org and will be accepted until the position is filled.