Marketing and Community Relations
· In consultation with the BV ReStore Manger and the ED, assist in creating and implementing an annual marketing plan that is designed to anticipate and address product shortfalls, issues regarding customer traffic and other factors affecting sales and ReStore image.
· Represent program through personal contacts and public speaking engagements.
· Network with other Habitat ReStores for advice and merchandise.
Manage Day-to-Day Activities Within the Store
· Manage inventory supply logistics.
· Assess knowledge and skills of volunteers, assign jobs and train as necessary.
· Track sales and movement of inventory and re-stock retail areas as needed.
· Assist customers; assist with pricing; make and record sales.
· Monitor equipment and arrange for maintenance and repairs.
General Administrative Duties
Attend monthly managers meetings, monthly ReStore Committee meeting, and any other appropriate meetings or training opportunities, as required.
· Prepare monthly sales, donation and financial or statistical reports, as required.
· Ensure that Executive Director is informed on a regular basis of progress and problems at the store.
· Handle grievances involving staff, customers, or volunteers.
· Prepare program/progress reports on a timely basis.
Develop and Implement Policies and Procedures
· Identify policies that need to be drafted and recommend modifications to existing policies.
· Develop and maintain policies and procedures relating to the daily operation of the ReStore.
Post expenditures and receipts on a daily basis.
· Prepare and make bank deposits.
· Pursue collection of returned checks.
· Process charges and credits.
· Maintain security and ensure sufficient cash is on hand to make change.
· Convert sales information to tonnage saved from landfills (i.e., waste diversion information).
· Ensure thank you’s and receipts are issued for donated items.
Other duties as assigned.