The Blue Ridge Area Food Bank (Food Bank) has a unique career opportunity for a food sourcing professional to use their talent in customer service and food procurement to support and assist the Food Sourcing Manager with the development and implementation of sourcing and procurement strategies aimed to enhance equitable food access and provide food assistance to neighbors in need.
The role of Food Sourcing Specialist will coordinate and assist in purchasing food and other items for the Food Bank’s nutrition programs and member partner agencies from approved vendors. The position will track and evaluate the nutrition program menus, inventory requirements and purchase programs to identify cost-effective items; monitor nutritional content of food acquired; oversee review of and product availability in the proprietary network ordering system to determine appropriate offerings for partner agencies; provide administrative and troubleshooting support for order/delivery planning and forecasting; and produce a variety of reports and documentation to support operational goals. This position reports to the Food Sourcing Manager.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, supply chain management or related field, or an equivalent and relevant amount of training and experience required.
- Minimum two years’ experience in purchasing/procurement/sourcing or retail food sales required;
- Advanced skills in Excel;
- Strong computer skills, especially spreadsheets, inventory software and database management programs; Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to analyze data, problem solve, develop solutions, write reports, gather, record, and input data with high degree of accuracy.
- Knowledgeable with budgeting and forecasting, and ability to perform basic to intermediate mathematical calculations;
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize work responsibilities to meet required timelines;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with diverse stakeholders;
- Strong organization, planning and decision-making skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to learn and follow health, safety, and sanitation regulations.
To be considered for this role, please submit a cover letter and resume, or cover letter and application, to email@example.com, or mail to BRAFB, Human Resources Office, P.O. Box 937, Verona, 24482. The position will be open until filled. Applications received by April 19th, 2021 will be considered as part of the initial review process.
To obtain an employment application or to learn more about the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank please visit our website at www.brafb.org.
The BRAFB is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person’s perspectives and lived experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.