Donor Services Manager
Do you enjoy working with data and want to support the work of an effective nonprofit? Make a difference in our community by using your computer and technology skills, your customer service talents, your leadership muscle, and your attention to detail and join the mission-focused team at the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank.
The Donor Services Manager (DSM) leads a team of two responsible for management and use of all advancement data. The work is done with a strategic mindset and attention to detail. To ensure the integrity and confidentiality of donor data, the person in this position manages accurate donation processing and data entry, oversees timely and personal gift acknowledgement, and coordinates special projects as needed. Importantly, the DSM is a manager of first impressions and is often the first to respond to donor inquiries and concerns, ensuring courtesy and excellent customer service.
The DSM is an important member of a highly collaborative and successful Development team. The DSM also serves as a liaison between the Food Bank’s Development and Finance teams. This position supervises one other position and reports directly to the Chief Philanthropy Officer.
The Donor Services Manager role is full-time, offering an effective and healthy work culture, competitive salary, and excellent benefits.
The Blue Ridge Area Food Bank is a respected, regional nonprofit providing nourishing food and hope to neighbors. Founded in 1981, the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank serves 25 counties and eight cities in central and western Virginia, from Loudoun and Winchester in the north to the Lexington and Lynchburg areas in the south. We provide food to nearly 128,000 visitors each month through a partner network of more than 200 food pantries, soup kitchens, and shelters, as well as through nutrition programs for children, seniors, and rural neighbors. Total revenues of approximately $50 million and an operating budget of $11 million support the work of more than 70 employees in four locations, including our headquarters and main distribution center in Verona.
The key responsibilities of the Donor Services Manager include:
- Strategically leading the administration of advancement data for the benefit of the Food Bank, and ensuring effective use and integration of our CRM and related technology
- Effectively monitors and coaches’ performance of a direct report
- Accurately entering gifts and donor information in Salesforce, and use queries and reports to ensure the quality of data in the system and to extract information
- Responding to donor requests with excellent customer service, and producing accurate, timely, and personal gift acknowledgement letters and cards and gift statements
- Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent amount of relevant training or work experience required
- Minimum three years of experience using relational databases/CRM, preferably in a nonprofit setting
- Salesforce or Blackbaud experience highly preferred
- Experience in a fundraising environment a plus
- Proven ability to effectively manage the work of others—either paid or unpaid
The DSM position is based on-site at our headquarters in Verona, VA. Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
To be considered for this role, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, or mail to the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank, Human Resources Office, P.O. Box 937, Verona, 24482. The position will remain open until filled.
The Food Bank is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person’s perspective and lived experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best talent on our team.