Branch Operations Manager
Are you an individual with supervisory experience in manufacturing, warehouse or distribution operations and looking to expand or move to the next level in your career?
Would you like to put your people skills and operations experience to use at a leading non-profit hunger-relief agency in the Blue Ridge area?
The Blue Ridge Area Food Bank is seeking a manufacturing, warehouse, or distribution operations professional to manage the Thomas Jefferson branch warehouse in Charlottesville, VA.
The Branch Operations Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations and activities of the BRAFB branch warehouse. The position oversees all warehouse operations, food safety and sanitation of facilities, inventory control, logistics, food distribution of perishable and dry food products, community relations, fleet management and the coaching, supervision, and training of BRAFB employees and volunteers.
The key responsibilities of the Branch Operations Manager include:
- Oversee and manage all aspects of product movement including receiving, storage, product rotation, distribution, and inventory control.
- Provide oversight of retail partner pick-up donation programs, including coordinate training of partner agencies and assignment of agencies to retail stores.
- Direct activities of food distribution, shared maintenance, and food drives;
- Manage and oversee facility maintenance including the sanitation, preventative
maintenance schedule of warehouse and fleet equipment.
- Collaborate with the Volunteer Food Drive Manager and Coordinator
to develop action plans for major food drives and work activities to increase
volunteer hours at branch location,
- Coach, train and supervise staff to ensure excellent customer service in all interactions with all visitors, volunteers, partners, guests, vendors of the branch,
- Participate in community activities, including media interviews, lead tours and new volunteer orientations, (as needed) to enhance public awareness of the Food Bank.
- Manage and oversee all branch location expenditures, PM Maintenance programs related to all warehouse equipment and fleet pursuant to corporate guidelines.
Required job qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years management or supervisory experience, preferably in food warehousing and distribution operations, or other manufacturing or warehouse and distribution operations,
- Solid knowledge of warehouse operations, fleet management, inventory management database systems, procedures, and standards, as well as knowledge or experience with OSHA requirements in operating and training others on warehouse equipment, such as forklift, pallet jack, stand-up rider, and other warehouse equipment
- Strong managerial skills and ability to train, coach and effectively supervise and assign tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills, and ability to build and manage relationships with staff and volunteers,
- Strong planning and organizational skills and ability to make decisions, create and draft accurate reports
- Strong computer experience, particularly in Microsoft Office Suite.
The Branch Operations Manager is full-time and will be based in Charlottesville, VA. Duties may require work on an occasional evening or weekend. Must have a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record, and be able to lift, up to, 25 lbs.
To be considered for this role, candidates must submit a cover letter, resume or BRAFB application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank, Human Resources Office, P.O. Box 937, Verona, 24482. The position will remain open until filled.
About the Food Bank
The Blue Ridge Area Food Bank is a respected, regional nonprofit providing nourishing food and hope to neighbors. Founded in 1981, the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank serves 25 counties and eight cities in central and western Virginia, from Loudoun and Winchester in the north to the Lexington and Lynchburg areas in the south. We provide food to nearly 119,000 visitors each month through a partner network of more than 200 food pantries, soup kitchens, and shelters, as well as through nutrition programs for children, seniors, and rural neighbors. Total revenues of approximately $50 million and an operating budget of $11 million support the work of more than 60 employees in four locations, including our headquarters and main distribution center in Verona.
The Food Bank is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person’s perspective and lived experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information: