VP of Sales
Company: LD&B Insurance & Financial Services
Title: VP of Sales
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
LD&B is offering a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced Sales Leader to join our team. You will oversee and guide agency-wide sales efforts as a member of LD&B’s executive team. You will have in-depth knowledge of the insurance marketplace to help direct the continued growth and expansion of the organization and a proven track record in sales leadership. As Vice President of Sales, you will serve as a strategist, mentor, teacher, and leader of the sales team. As a role model and representative of LD&B, you will align personally with our core values: integrity, teamwork, innovation, service, and generosity.
LD&B is a 100% employee-owned ESOP company with more than 75 employees across six offices in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, and we’ll be celebrating 50 years in business next year.
At LD&B we are all connected by one mission: to give back to the communities we serve. We provide financial wellbeing to our clients by covering all the things that matter in their lives. Utilizing comprehensive, personalized insurance, business and financial solutions, we make a positive difference for our customers and the communities we serve. This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued, and supported with networks, benefits, and development opportunities to help them thrive.
To help you stay energized, engaged, and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: ownership through our ESOP, 401(k), opportunities for professional development, comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being, and flexible time off so you can relax, recharge, and be there for the people you care about.
LD&B’s current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. Employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week.
Giving back to our community is in our DNA. We are committed to the legacy of generosity we learned from our founders. We improve the lives of people in our community by supporting more than 200 charitable organizations each year, giving hundreds of hours of paid leave to our employees for volunteer work, and allocating $500 per year per employee to support nonprofits.
We are looking for a dynamic leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, a growth mindset, and the ability to inspire and motivate our sales team. A healthy sense of humor would be a bonus. If this describes you, get in touch.
- Base salary up to $150,000 - $175,000 plus incentive – varied on candidate’s education/experience
- W2 Employment plus full benefits package (health, dental, vision, disability, PTO)
- ESOP Ownership Participation and 401k
- Potential for hybrid in-person / remote work schedule
The Vice President of Sales is responsible for leading and directing an outside sales team. The successful candidate will operate from a servant leader perspective to champion both our organization and the communities we serve. The Vice President of Sales gives leadership to our sales team and thereby drives LD&B’s success. This individual will have in-depth knowledge of the insurance marketplace and possess excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills. The responsibilities of the Vice President of Sales include designing effective sales strategies, overseeing the daily sales activities, meeting with clients and partners, monitoring sales metrics, and marketing company products and services. The position requires a wide range of skills, such as leading and motivating our team of sales professionals and directing the growth and expansion of the organization. The Vice President of Sales will serve as a strategist, mentor, teacher, and leader to the sales team. As a role model and representative of the organization, the Vice President of Sales aligns personally with the organization’s values as reflected in the LD&B BLUEprint and models these values daily.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Proven sales leadership track record.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills.
- Successful track record of recruiting and developing salespeople.
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication, and relational skills
- Experience in the insurance or financial services industries preferred.
- Oversee and guide agency wide sales efforts as a member of LD&B’s executive team.
- Analyze the marketplace with an eye toward finding industry related and geographical opportunities for growth and expansion.
- Research, develop, implement, and drive key sales strategies in collaboration with LD&B’s overall leadership team to achieve agency growth goals.
- Generate ideal target prospect profiles with the goal of increasing average account size.
- Conduct sales meetings, attend sales calls, and meet regularly with individual sales team members.
- Collaborate with sales team members to establish and achieve individual sales goals.
- Develop a systematic recruiting process to attract, hire, and develop new salespersons.
- Create and implement professional development plans for current and future sales team members that advance their skill level, product knowledge, sales acumen, and general business knowledge.
- Assist in establishing and monitoring compensation and incentive structures for the sales team that align individual and organizational success.
- Utilize data and reports to monitor progress toward goals and to provide feedback to the leadership team.
- Establish new and maintain existing key carrier, client, and partner relationships.
- Maintain a strong work ethic with a total commitment to success and consistently demonstrate our BLUEprint values every day.
LD&B is an independent and employee-owned firm that provides a full range of insurance and financial services to individuals and businesses. They are proud to serve clients in the central Shenandoah Valley and throughout the United States. LD&B provides insurance and financial solutions with the goal of giving back to the communities they serve. Just like a building needs a strong frame, LD&B relies and thrives on the strong Framework of their five-core values: ‘Integrity’, ‘Service’, ‘Innovation’, ‘Teamwork’, and ‘Generosity’. These five values form an incredibly strong Framework to build off, knowing and believing it will support a strong organization for many years to come.