Oral Surgery Assistant
We are offering a wonderful opportunity to become part of our team at Legacy Surgery. Our oral and maxillofacial surgery practice is looking for a positive, energetic, and self-motivated individual to help assist the doctor with serving the community of Harrisonburg and surrounding areas with the highest standards of patient care and comfort. Our state-of-the-art facility utilizes the latest digital technology to deliver the highest quality surgical care with a primary focus on the patient experience.
Our ideal team member would have a friendly/positive attitude, be reliable, eager to learn, detail oriented, and work well within a team setting.
- Assist doctor with surgeries
- Monitor intravenous fluids and vital signs during and after the surgery procedure
- Post-operative follow-up appointments
- Perform new patient interviews
- Assist with exam & consultation
- Take radiographs as needed
- Room set-up/break down
- Providing pre and post-operative instructions, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining a neat, organized, and well documented sterilization department
- Accurately record proper treatment notes in patient's chart
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of nursing program, accredited oral surgery assisting program or some oral surgery assisting experience preferred
- CPR Certification required
- X-Ray Certification required
- Anesthesia assistant certification required (training is available)
- Compliance with state oral surgery practice requirements (i.e., X-Ray requirements, HIPAA, and OSHA training)
- Computer skills; Sensei experience preferred, computer proficiency and the ability to learn new programs
- Commitment to CE for career development (DAANCE)
- Part-Time 25-30 hours per week. 3-4 days a week (office hours vary by location)
- Full-Time 40 hours per week 5 days a week (office hours vary by location)
- Two Locations Harrisonburg and Staunton
- Benefits and Salary:
- Compensation commensurate with experience. $17.00-$22.00 per hour
- Vacation Time for part-time and full-time
- 16 hours of Paid Personal Time
- Bereavement Leave
- Educational opportunities
How to Apply: Please submit your resume and proof of any certifications, as well as at least two professional references.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Expected hours: No less than 30 per week