Position may require candidates to:
- Possess and apply knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and control systems (including SCADA) in water and utility application.
- Provide and extend oversight into off hours coverage.
- Be organized and detailed.
- Use Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)/Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) software to develop maintenance plans (especially Preventive Maintenance [PM], Predictive Maintenance [PdM], Reliability Centered Maintenance [RCM] and Total Productive Maintenance [TPM]) from manufacturer recommendations to specific work driven applications.
- Perform advanced scheduling, work flow management and prioritization in assigning daily tasks.
- Be a forward thinker and visionary in leadership, especially in developing training programs and employee competencies.
- Perform administratively in budgeting, capital improvement planning, project management and contract management
This is medium work requiring the exertion of 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; work requires climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, and feeling; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound; visual acuity is required for visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts, use of measuring devices, assembly or fabrication of parts at or within arm's length, operation of machines, operation of motor vehicles or equipment, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities; the worker is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, noise, vibration, hazards, atmospheric conditions, and oils.
- Significant experience with industrial maintenance that includes pumps and other mechanical devices, controls and power supply.
- Familiarity with Computerized Maintenance Management System software setup and application.
- Five years or more in a supervisory role with five or more employees supplemented with education or certificates in modern management curriculum.
- Prior experience with participation in budget preparation and management.
- Prior experience with participation in asset retirement planning.
- Considerable experience in construction and water/sewer utility maintenance with considerable supervisory experience and an Associate's/Technical degree with coursework in construction management, project management, engineering, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience as stated throughout the job advertisement.
- Driver's license valid in the Commonwealth of Virginia with a safe driving record as outlined in the City Safety Program is required.
- Experience with SCADA systems or similar systems with an architecture of computers, networked data communications, graphical interfaces and peripheral controllers/actuators for high level process supervisory management.
- Experience with project management, preferably industrial installations, including planning, design, construction, construction management and asset transfer.
- Experience with contract management.
Application deadline: Applications will be accepted on the City's website (https://www.harrisonburgva.gov/employment) until a suitable pool of candidates is received. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted on the City's website on 04/11/2018).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.