Senior Financial Analyst
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for assisting the Chief Financial Officer with the overall financial management and compliance with regulatory guidelines for the holding company and subsidiaries. The Senior Financial Analyst will be directly responsible for managing the day-to-day responsibilities of the Accounting Department and supervising the Accounting Staff.
- Prepares for and assists with internal and external financial audits.
- Prepares monthly funds management report.
- Ensures that reconciliations for all general ledger accounts are prepared and reviewed in accordance with the Bank’s reconciliation policies.
- Oversees Accounts Payable processes including reviewing weekly check runs ensuring that all expenses are properly approved and accounted for in accordance with the bank’s Expense Reimbursement Policy and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Maintains fixed asset and depreciation software and completes monthly accounting entries.
- Maintains prepaids and accruals at the appropriate level, including payroll accrual .
- Reconciles Cash Surrender Value of the BOLI policies on a monthly basis.
- Reviews account reconciliations prepared by accounting staff.
- Verifies that reconciliations prepared by other departments and subsidiaries are prepared and reviewed in accordance with the Bank’s reconciliation policies.
- Oversees accuracy and completeness of public funds reporting and collateral position.
- Advises Chief Financial Officer of any changes in securities collateralization required.
- Oversees monthly balancing of dormant accounts.
- Ensures that intercompany accounts are properly eliminated each month.
- Partners with subsidiary companies to ensure timely month-end close process.
- Reconciles investment accounts and completes entries monthly.
- Serves as backup for credit card reconciliations.
- Reviews correspondent bank account reconciliations monthly.
- Chairs, serves on, and/or participates in various Bank committees as necessary.
- Maintains regular, reliable attendance.
- Manages the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Accounting Department support staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, coordinating training for new hires, planning, assigning, directing work, rewarding, disciplining employees, performance reviews, and
addressing complaints and resolving problems.
This job description is not designed to be an exhaustive list of duties. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may
change at any time with or without notice.
Bank wide Expectations:
- Stays current, maintains knowledge of, and complies with all F & M products and services and policies and procedures.
- Maintains organized files and a neat and orderly work area and secures all negotiable and/or confidential records.
- Protects the bank's and customers' information; knowledge of customers and their relationship with the Bank must be kept in absolute confidence.
- Displays a positive, cooperative spirit; professionalism; and a responsible attitude to staff and customers always.
- Leads by example while being a team player.
- Participates in Bank-sponsored and other community/civic events as schedule allows.
- Represents F & M Bank professionally and courteously while in contact with the public either in person or by telephone.
- Pursues personal development opportunities to improve knowledge as it relates to position, compliance, and the bank in general.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of technical and professional principles related to bank accounting.
- Knowledge of automated general ledger environment.
- Possess effective interpersonal skills to relate to all audiences.
- Proficient organizational skills with ability to function in a flexible work environment.
- Excellent pc skills to include MS Office products with experience in Word and Excel.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, and financials.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and/or in writing.
- Ability to respond to questions from all audiences.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts for all bank financials.
- Ability to respond to sensitive inquiries.
- Ability to concentrate for extended periods of time with attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks efficiently in an environment with interruptions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
- A minimum of seven year’s related accounting experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with financial institutions’ audits and preparation of bank regulatory and SEC reports preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- CPA license preferred but not required.
Physical and Mental Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee regularly sits and uses hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and may occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work is primarily performed in an office setting where the noise level is usually moderate.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets,
and fax machines.
This is a full-time, exempt level position working Monday – Friday primarily 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. with other days
and hours as necessary to accomplish duties.
Occasional travel primarily within the Bank’s market areas during the business day with occasional out-of-area
and overnight travel.