Financial representatives with Northwestern Mutual help clients reach their financial goals, staying with them overtime and evolving their plans as their needs change. And with more than half of Americans believing their financial planning needs improvement, a career with Northwestern Mutual provides abundant opportunities.
You'll partner with clients by creating personalized financial plans built on their unique needs and desires. And through our industry-leading solutions, you'll help them protect what they've worked so hard to achieve while also growing their assets for the future.
We're looking for competitive individuals who thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You'll be matched up with experienced mentors and coaches who will help you get started and stay with you throughout your career.
Recognized by FORTUNE as one of the "World's Most Admired" companies, Northwestern Mutual has been among the leaders in the financial services industry for nearly 160 years and has a proven track record of financial success.
By joining our team, you'll have access to:
- An award-winning training program to help you get started.
- Mentorship and professional development training throughout your entire career.
- A culture that promotes diversity, teamwork, work-life balance, recognition and rewards.
- Full financial support for professional designations in certification for both your personal and professional business growth.
- The opportunity to pursue leadership and specialized roles.
- Exceptional income potential, as your hard work will directly relate to your sales results. Our financial representatives are compensated through commissions, bonuses, repeat business, and client retention.
- A bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
- Someone who builds relationships centered on trust, open communication, and transparency.
- The courage and ability to have difficult conversations when needed.
- A commitment to ongoing learning, including staying current on financial news, laws and the impacts to their clients.
- Someone who was proactive and focused on providing excellent customer service.
- 4-year College Degree (REQUIRED)
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Self-starter and highly motivated
- Client facing experience
- History of high achievement demonstrated by rapid growth and consistent, measurable results
- Track record of outperforming peers
- Ability to develop lasting, meaningful relationships as well as influence others
While you help your clients achieve financial security, Northwestern Mutual will also help you.
- Top-ranked training program (as recognized by Training magazine, 2015).
- Exceptional income potential.
- Comprehensive medical coverage.
- Two company funded retirement plans (pension plan and 401(k) plan).
- Sponsorship of Licensing and designations.
- Personalized mentorship from top-performing advisors.
- Group life and disability income insurance.
- Northwestern Mutual is annually ranked as one of the “ 50 Best Companies to Sell For ” by Selling Power Magazine and recognizes as the best company to sell for in the financial services industry.
- Northwestern Mutual is annually honored as one of the “ World’s Most Admired Companies ” in the life insurance industry according to FORTUNEMagazine’s annual survey. Since 1983, FORTUNE magazine has surveyed industry executives and analysts 38 times to identify the companies that are among the “Most Admired” in their industry, 38 times , Northwestern Mutual has earned that distinction.
- Business Week recently recognized Northwestern Mutual as one of the “ Best Places to Launch a Career ”.
- Northwestern Mutual named “Best Places to Work ” by Glassdoor.com (Ranking #1 in our industry).
- Ranking organizations that excel at training and leadership development, Trainingmagazine ranked Northwestern Mutual among its “ Training Top 125 ”.
- Ranked among the Top 10 independent broker-dealers as measured by total revenues by the leading investment industry publications: Investment News ; Financial Advisormagazine; Financial Planning magazine; Investment Advisor magazine.
 FORTUNE magazine’s annual survey, published February 19, 2016
* The quoted compensation range is based on average revenue data from current representatives in the system. Income results are not guaranteed.