Spa Manager at Massanutten Resort
Offering guests remarkable experiences, Massanutten Resort offers a wide variety of vacation experiences suitable for all types of group, business, and leisure travelers. The Spa at Massanutten is no exception, providing personalized spa treatments and a beautiful spa boutique. We are looking for a Spa Manager that can take our popular day spa to the next level.
The Spa at Massanutten is a serene, sophisticated retreat from the rigors of everyday life that provides the ideal environment for one’s physical and mental renewal. From calming massages and body treatments to luxurious facials and natural nail care, total indulgence is our specialty and there is no better place to sit back and relax than with us.
- Immediate focus on recruiting licensed, caring, and respectful service team members.
- Maintain fully staffed facility by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training.
- Taking care of our team; implementation of programs and plans for our team members focusing on wellness, gratitude, and support.
- Development and implementation of additional spa and wellness-oriented revenue streams.
- Provide extraordinary customer service and monitor guest feedback with comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
- Creates and implements an effective marketing strategy focusing on slower periods and additional opportunities for hosting groups, developing business partnerships, and buildout of the retail program.
- Ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of spa and makes necessary changes to stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Review current service training protocols and perform refreshers with spa service staff.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and guest feedback; align spa accordingly.
Management & Fiscal Operations:
- Conduct team briefings and meetings.
- Ensure spa professional staff is properly certified and certifications are renewed as required.
- Train staff to be knowledgeable with and implementing all company policies and procedures utilizing the feedback loop mechanism.
- Handle all disciplinary counseling as needed according to policy.
- Coach employees to reinforce positive behavior and to improve performance as needed.
- Conduct performance evaluations. Coach and direct activities to achieve desired performance. Follow up and ensure that the agreed-upon action and developmental plans identified during the evaluation process are being put into effect.
- Experience in state and federal health and safety compliance.
- Review current operating, training, and control manuals. Offer revisions, updates, and training on any new procedures or policies.
- Long-range planning with focus on 5 and 10 year business modeling.
- Develops a schedule of seasonal utilization patterns to be used in the budgeting process and effective payroll management.
- Develop annual spa budget and capex plans, ensuring that financial goals are attained.
- Implementing a retail sales plan. Establish service and retail goals for staff, providing guidance on how to achieve them.
- At least 3-5 years previous spa manager experience, preferably in a Resort setting.
- Licensed service provider.
- Excellent compensation package including free use of Resort amenities (WaterPark, Ski, and Golf) for both the employee and their dependents and Massanutten Spa discounts.
- The competitive compensation package offers both an industry leading Retirement Contribution Program via the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and full access to Resort amenities and the International Exchange System. For questions and more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Ana at 540.289.4939. For more information on The Spa at Massanutten, visit us at massresort.com/spa.
About Massanutten Resort:
Massanutten is the premiere four-season resort in the mid-Atlantic region with a strong employee culture driven by being 100% Employee Owned. Every employee receives a 25% contribution of pay to an Employee Stock Ownership Program with vesting beginning after two years. The result of ownership is a strong base of loyal and dedicated employees focused on taking care of the customer, each other, and our families.
Our Mission Statement is to provide remarkable experiences in a safe and enjoyable environment. Our Core Values – Take care of our guests, take care of our property, take care of our team, and take care of ourselves.