We are looking for energetic people to work weekends and holidays in the tasting room as a server earning an hourly rate plus tips. This position is responsible for ensuring that customers have a positive and memorable experience at Bluestone. Must have a passion for wine and for learning the details of the wines we produce and our general operations. The ideal candidate is friendly, outgoing, professional, reliable, trust-worthy, and has the desire to become knowledgeable about our wines and general business operations. Part-time position that requires weekend and holiday hours.
- Greeting customers promptly and courteously.
- Excellent oral communication skills to present wines to customers.
- Describe wines, winemaking techniques, winery history, provide general tourist information, and answer questions visitors might have.
- Ability to learn and follow Virginia ABC laws.
- Setting up and cleaning up daily operations of the Tasting Room.
- Ability to handle routine sales transactions which include operating cash register.
- Ability to work on weekends and holidays.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift & bend for up to 8 hours.
- Ability to lift 45 lbs repeatedly.
- Proficient on the computer (familiar with POS systems, Microsoft Office), ability to learn new systems quickly
- The ability to speak comfortably and audibly in front of people.