The Project Manager will have two primary roles within the organization. They will lead enterprise wide projects of various sizes and scopes. The individual will be assigned to multiple projects as the project manager leading cross functional teams to deliver business objectives for the company. Additionally, the individual will be accountable for designing, recommending, and developing the Project Management Methodology for the corporation.
- Utilizes best practice Project Management methods to create project plans.
- Assists stakeholders to define project scope and objectives.
- Prepares, maintains, and submits clear and concise status reports.
- Follows-up with project team members to ensure progress on tasks and commitments.
- Manages projects to completion and ensures detailed records of project are properly archived.
- Keeps project team focused on primary priorities for the project at hand, but able to display flexibility when directed by Executive Management.
- Develops project plans, manage individual deadlines and goals.
- Identifies issues and problems, generate solutions, and recommend appropriate alternatives.
- Stays abreast of current industry trends and new technology through professional associations, trade journals, and networking, etc.
- Maintains regular, reliable attendance.
- Participates in Bank-sponsored and other community/civic events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This job description is not designed to be an exhaustive list of duties. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may
change at any time with or without notice.
Bank wide Expectations:
- Stays current, maintains knowledge of, and complies with all F & M products and services and policies and procedures.
- Maintains organized files and a neat and orderly work area and secures all negotiable and/or confidential records.
- Protects the bank's and customers' information; knowledge of customers and their relationship with the Bank must be kept in absolute confidence.
- Displays a positive, cooperative spirit; professionalism; and a responsible attitude to staff and customers always.
- Leads by example while being a team player.
- Participates in Bank-sponsored and other community/civic events as schedule allows.
- Represents F & M Bank professionally and courteously while in contact with the public either in
- Pursues personal development opportunities to improve knowledge as it relates to position,
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of all applicable compliance and regulatory laws.
- Knowledge of Project Management best practices.
- Extremely detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and/or in writing.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Proficient organizational skills with ability to function in a flexible work environment.
- Proficient skills in MS Office applications and MS Project.
- Familiarity with Jack Henry software applications preferred, but not required.
Education and/or Experience (Required and Preferred)
- 1-3 years of project management experience – preferably from a financial services environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree – preferably in Business Administration, Project Management, Communication, Finance, or other applicable field.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Current driver’s license to travel to other bank branch locations or customers’ place of business.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee regularly sits and uses hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- The work is performed primarily in an office setting.
- The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
This is a full-time, non-exempt level position working Monday – Friday with other days and hours as necessary to
Travel is primarily within the Bank’s market areas during the business day with occasional out-of-area travel for
continuing educational opportunities.